Wednesday, October 1, 2008


October is National Breast Cancer month and together
we can make a difference
Each of us have had breast cancer touch our lives in one way or another.

There is so much we can do to help.....whether it be financial support...
running/walking for the cure...voluntering at the various organizations around
our city........or just sitting at the computer and 'visiting' the hundreds of
websites and figuring out just what you can do that will make a difference.

The stories of the surviors touch our hearts. Sadly, the stories of the ones
who do not survive touch our hearts even more. In the last twenty some years
breast cancer research and awareness has been right out there in front
leading the way finding the cure and helping women.

Pink has become the symbol for breast cancer awareness programs. Everyone
knows my favorite color is pink and my favorite flower is a pink rose.
(Let's not even mention my house!!!)
The above picture of pink roses are flowers I placed in
my friend Linda's birthday bouquet,
she is a breast cancer survior so I felt it appropriate
to include the photo in today's blog.

Pink roses carry a connotation of grace, elegance,
as well as sweetness and poetic romance.
Dark pink roses express: gratitude, appreciation and thanks.
Light pink roses express: gentleness and admiration.

Today I send each of you an extra large bouquet of pink roses.
From the deepest shade of pink to the lightest shade of pink......
in remembrance of those I know as survivors and for those who were not.

Join me this month in helping fight breast cancer to honor
those we know who have walked this path and to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment