Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have an obsession going on......



Wow!! The last couple of days I have spent checking out other blogs and I am in awe! There are so many wonderful blogs that I can't seem to stay off the computer. I am up early sitting at the computer and I am up late sitting at the computer......reading....reading.....reading!! I took a simple test on some one's blog just to see how 'blog crazy' I have become.....the results: 73% !! Okay, that is a bit too much intensity with this blog thing.....nothing is getting done around here and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel either!! But....hey......it is all good and I am enjoying myself. I love the graphics and the layouts I have seen as I 'surf' the blogs.....my vision for my blog is changing, but I really want to keep it simple as I created my blog for family and friends.

There is a blog for everything and everyone. I started on Summer's blog and 'traveled' to the far corners of the United States.....visiting Nebraska, Washington, California, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida....and the list goes on and on!! I marked several as favorites and will return to 'get into them later'. Many were hosting blogs about being a grandparent, crafts, shabby chic, recipes....musings of so many areas I like to read about. I have this obsession going......it's like reading a favorite magazine and not being able to put it down! The fun part about it....many women had a blog, but also were online selling the things they created.....so, like a good shopper I visited those sites as well. My daughter in law, Beth, sells her homemade cards on Etsy.com and when I visited her site........well, another entire afternoon whizzed by me! Jewelry....art work....decorated painted pieces......every thing imaginable is offered for sale online!!

It's been so enlightening, but I have to stop this computer playing and get my house ready for my California visitor who comes out on November 6th. Sandi has been a friend since the late '70s and she and I are getting together at my home for a few days. It will be so much fun. The first place I am going to take her is to the Fort Worth Stockyards.......one of my favorite places here in Texas. There are great cities out here to visit as well......Austin....San Antonio.....Dallas.......and more!! Sandi will only be out here for a few days so, whatever we do will be crammed into a short period of time......she might need a vacation when she goes back to California from her vacation she took in Texas!! She works for Mattel and is planning to go over to the Fort Worth division of the company to visit with some friends.......I am looking forward to going over there too. I love toys!!

Today is going to be a beautiful day outside. Later in the afternoon you will find me doing some yard work......you can definitely see a difference in my yard. Things in the backyard are dying back and what was once beautiful is now a bit......ugly!! At least things in the front yard still look good. I am all about 'curb appeal'!!! I have decorated the front porch for fall and it looks so pretty. I still need a few more things to sit out........I want to be done by the end of the week.

I will post a picture soon so all of you can see........xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment