Monday, November 17, 2008

Your first hunch is usually correct....

I woke up this morning to find the mouse trap I had left baited had sprung! That only means one thing doesn't it??? I have a roommate still!!

One night as I was watching TV I saw the little mouse run across the den floor. I thought he looked longer and leaner than the one I had seen the night before. I was right! Saturday I thought I had 'caught' my one and only roommate, but just to be on the safe side I would leave the second baited trap out. This morning I awoke to find the cheese had been swiped out of the trap.......I figured I had not set the trap the right way and the second (let's hope its only 2) mouse dined on the buffet once again.

Mice don't make me squeamish....I just don't want a roommate of any kind....especially a four legged one! I am hoping the second little furry critter takes the bait from my reset mouse trap and I once again hear the sound of SNAP!

Many years ago while we lived in San Diego county.....and again in the Santa Clarita valley.....our home was invaded by rats!! In San Diego we lived out in the country and the other house butted up against the hills. These little field mice I have running around don't bother me as much as it did way back then. The neighborhood hardware store man told me this area is seeing an abundance of rats and mice this year. I am just praying my roommates are the little kind and not the big kind of 4 legged furry things.

While writing this....a loud, resounding SNAP went off in the front room. Yep, caught another one!! I reset the trap just to be sure......and washed my hands with soap and bleach!!

Hope I am finally done with roommates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment