Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun...fast...weekend with a great California friend...








I picked up Sandi from Dallas Fort Worth Airport on Thursday afternoon and away we went. Four days packed full of adventure and fun. We visited Mattel Toys Friday morning and spent two hours going through the Fort Worth based distribution center.....I have never seen so many boxes of toys in my life. Their plant is the size of five or six football fields!! That is a lot of toys in one place!!! Sandi has worked for Mattel for close to twenty years and she wanted to visit her friends and see the plant. I think I enjoyed it just as much as she did!


From there we headed to the Stockyards for an afternoon of sight seeing. Sandi bought herself a pair of Justin boots......a must have in any Southern California woman's wardrobe (hehehe). We went in and out of gift shops up and down the streets looking for gifts she wanted to bring back to her friends and family. She was able to see a cattle drive up close a personal....real cowboys and horses. Things you don't see every day at the beach where she lives!! We were classic tourist snapping pictures wherever we went. We came back to my little house and got ready to go out for a night on the town. That night Sandi wore her new black cowboy boots and was able to dance the night away in the arms of several Fort Worth cowboys! Needless to say...she had fun and I am sure she will be talking about this visit for months to come!! I know I will!!

The next day we went back to the Stockyards to go through some more shops and once again returned to the Stockyards at night for some more dancing!! Her boots got a work out to say the least! The weekend was also stuffed with more sightseeing around the town and the neighborhood that I have come to love and enjoy so much. Did I mention we ate? Oh, did we eat!! I think I won't have to eat anything for a whole week......that's how much food we ate during the days she was visiting.


The weather was beautiful the entire time she was here.......but last night a big storm blew through North Texas.....I am so glad the weather held out until she was on the airplane going home to California!! Sandi and I laughed and had such a great weekend together.......I am so glad she came to visit........there is an open invitation for ALL of you to come visit me any time you would like to see Texas.



No comments:

Post a Comment