Monday, November 24, 2008

Wow!!

This weekend came and went so quickly that I am still spinning around. One moment it was Friday afternoon and the next....it was Monday! I think the days are just clicking off way too quickly. In one month's time it will be Christmas! Can you believe that?

I spent a few hours shopping on Saturday afternoon.....the stores were so crowded. Too crowded or me! I love being around people, but being elbowed and practically pushed is not my idea of a pleasant day of shopping. I gathered a few things and promised myself I would go out again this week during the evening time when less people are out and about. I truly want to finish my Christmas shopping and get all of that behind me so I can do some baking. Yum!!

I will be spending Christmas here in Texas and hopefully will make the trip back to see family and friends some time in January. I will miss the holidays once again, but it seems it will have to be that way due to so many outside things. I still haven't decided if I will decorate the house for Christmas......no one but myself will really enjoy the decorations......it just seems like too much work just for me!! I have thirty or forty boxes of Christmas......so, it isn't like I don't enjoy this time of the year....I really do! I do know I will decorate my front porch.....that is a must!!

I have decorated the porch for the fall and have placed a few fall decorations inside the house. This week I am going to bake a few pies to bring to my friends house for Thanksgiving Day. Mostly my oven has been on solely for the purpose of heating the house....novel idea to think I am actually going to use it for baking!!

The weather has changed out here in Texas. Crisp....colder days and evenings. I still sit outside on the porch, but I usually am wrapped in a blanket to keep that wind off of me! There is something so special about having a front porch.......even when it is colder. Last Thanksgiving Day it snowed here! The weather forcast for this year is possible rain.......I would rather it snowed!!

Over the weekend Beth sent me pictures of Matthew and Becky. My goodness they have gotten so big!! I will have to post them this week so all of you can see the latest pictures of those two. She also sent me some Christmas cards she made.....wait until you see them up close and personal.......very well made! Click over to PaperHellos to see her creations.

I have resigned to the fact that I live in this house with something other than china and roses! Friday I trapped another furry creature and this morning when I woke up.......the trap was sprung and the bait taken, but no mouse!! Actually, as much as I wanted the trap to work....I shuttered to think I was going to have to dispose of yet another yucky creature. Today I am just going to buy Dicon and be done with it!! Tarrant County is having problems with rodents this year because we have not had the rain we normally do........it is time to pull out the big guns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment