Monday, April 27, 2009

The wedding is over........


Raul and Pam's wedding was held this past Saturday.....they are off to Canada for a week and I have to contend with the leftovers....and I am NOT talking about food either!! While the honeymoon couple is in Canada for the week I am house sitting and cleaning up after the wedding reception. Sunday I woke up at 5 in the morning and began the job of mopping up after the party. Someone forgot to tell the wedding guests that cake belonged on the plates and not the floor. Let's just say I have managed to get the house in somewhat of order! Down came the yards of nylon netting and the hundreds of bows......most everything is back to where it belongs and in the next week I will complete the task at hand. Two days before the wedding I cleaned this 5000 square foot house......and it needs another good cleaning! JOB SECURITY!!
Today I woke up to a HUGE thunder and lightening storm. This big house shook off and on for over an hour. Right now there is a steady down pour and according to the weather report....the rain is going to stay for most of the day. There is a tornado warning up right now, but it is not close to me. THANK GOODNESS. I feel safe in this house should a tornado form around here. This house has a huge basement and lots of "safe places". Rain is forecasted for the entire week and I think it is great. Rain just helps the yard to green up and keep my flower beds hydrated. Tornado season has began and lasts for several months.....I am sure there will be many more rainy days at hand and now that I have been in Texas a couple of years....I am adjusting to wet weather and what comes with severe storms.
Where has April gone??? In a blink of an eye it passed me by....

No comments:

Post a Comment