Friday, April 17, 2009

Rain.....rain...and more rain..........!!

Today the skies have opened up and it is pouring down rain. A welcomed thing for my very dry grass and garden.......!! It should rain for the next couple of days and then come Sunday it is supposed to be warm and sunny. I have made plans to tackle the flower beds and to cut and trim the grass while the weather is nice. My, what a mess I have going in my yard!! Never ending, but I love being outside working in the yard.

My rose bushes are blooming like crazy.....pink roses every where. Now that I have decided not to sell my house, I am making plans to plant a few more rose bushes around the yard. The pink Jasmine around my porch is beginning to green up.......I thought I had lost most of the plants due to frost, but I noticed last night there was actually new growth. Yay!! The flower beds are beginning to show signs of life and by the looks of it.......most of last year's plants have survived. I am going to get a few more flowers to fill in the bare spots until the older plants get larger. I can always transplant later.

My flight back from California was very nice. I sat by a wonderful Texas lady. She was a Pastor's wife and such a pleasure to sit next to. She and I had a wonderful conversation all the way to Austin. We talked about Texas.....our families.....and Christ. God placed this woman next to me to comfort me as I tried to process everything that is going on in my life.

For the last two days I have been working......chained to a desk doing data entry. While I am thankful I have a job...........I so wish I was able to work outside instead of inside. A friend stopped by yesterday and offered me a small job for Mother's Day weekend. Our little historic district has a home tour during the Mother's Day weekend and he has asked me to be the person greeting the tour groups as they walk through his bungalow. I am excited to be asked to do that for him. It is such a cute little house situated right in the middle of our district. Quaint. He is in the process of redoing the house from top to bottom and it has been interesting seeing all the changes he has made. I am looking forward to the home tour and being a part of all the fun.

All is well with me. Lots of things to get done this week.......hopefully I will be able to accomplish all that I intend to get done.........

Blessings to all.........

No comments:

Post a Comment