Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yard of the month..........




This old fence hides the gas meter...it was 'too ugly'...I am into 'too cute'!!


My yard was selected "Yard of the Month" for the neighborhood by a formal committee of the historical district in which I live. It means so much to me to have this honor bestowed upon me!! In the past year and a half I have spent so much time working in my yard....it is nice to have the "yard of the month" sign displayed on my front lawn for all to see, but it is a big reminder for myself as to how far I have come since I began working in the yard. Big news........big moment!! Not only do I have the sign in my yard, but I also earned a gift certificate of $25 to a very wonderful store here in Ft. Worth. A combination of antiques and flowers.......two of my most favorite things in the world under one roof! Yea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment