Thursday, May 29, 2008

Old red...old brown...old yellow.....

Bricks! My backyard has thousands of used bricks I have made into planters and paths. Some of the bricks are a hundred years old and many came from downtown Fort Worth when old buildings were torn down. I decided to do brick paths around the backyard some time ago and yesterday I added a second row to all the paths I laid out last week. I have a few areas I need to work on, but for the most part I am done with bricks... until my neighbor brings me more! Moving bricks is hard on the back and hard on the hands! Friends are amazed at what I have done in the yard in such a short time. Once I have something in mind to do...well, I keep at it until it is completely finished. The best part of all this hard work...I sleep well at night after being not only in the sun......but from hard physical labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment